#1 of 52 Books in 2014: Outer Dark by Cormac McCarthy

Monday, February 3, 2014 § 0

Okay, one book down.
First book of 2014 read. It only took me like a month and a half.

I blame life, but whatever, I have time.

The book is called Outer Dark by Cormac McCarthy. I actually started the book a couple months ago, but I only got about 30 pages in to before being distracted by something else.

So, I started this book over and read it.

I was told that this was a great "entry point" for McCarthy's work. That it was a good place to start, before going into his more popular works. When I finished this book all I could say was:

"Uhm, What?"

I wanted to wake my girlfriend up to say, "What the hell just happened"

Now, I consider myself a pretty intelligent reader. I pick up on themes and subtleties well. But, this one I was not prepared for. I guess this is one of those "enjoy the journey" sort of stories?

I don't know. I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not getting it.

Alas, I have 51 other books to read this year, and I'm already a little behind. So, no wasting time. On to the next.

What's this?

You are currently reading #1 of 52 Books in 2014: Outer Dark by Cormac McCarthy at ...With Long Intervals of Horrible Sanity.

meta

§ Leave a Reply